1. Satisfy all military positioning & navigation requirement, such as :
· Suibtables for all classes of platform : aircraft(jet to helicopter) an others
· Real-time positioning and velocity determination capability.
· Positioning result available on a single geodetic datum.
· Level of real-time accuracy available to non military users to be controllable.
· Resistant to jamming, and careful attention to others “survivability” issues.
· Non-detectability of user hence no requirement to transmit signals of any kind.
2. Satisfy as large range of civilian users as well :
· Dual system usage (eg GPS) :
a. Military – precise positioning services (PPS)
b. Civilian – standard positioning services (SPS)
· Range of decameter to millimeter accuracy.
· Information of positioning, velocity and time.
· All air, sea, and land users
3. Relatively low user cost as well as ease-of operation :
4. Unrestricted access by all users.